- Hits: 1988
If travelling is your passion, do not miss the opportunity to explore the beautiful Muscat, capital city of Oman. A city of unique Arabian beauty, Muscat is surrounded by craggy brown mountains, beautiful beaches and friendly people. These are worthy enough to enliven you and make you feel ecstatic while exploring the city. Offering more of the sultanate, this is a must visit destination for travel enthusiasts.
- Major Attractions Before you start with making all the arrangements, why not take a glance at the best locations that needs to be discovered on your first trip. This will help you plan your trip accordingly.
- Old Muscat Those who want to see historical areas and old Government buildings, pay a visit to Old Muscat. The popular Bait al Zubair Musuem reflects the cultural history and tradition of Oman. The museum also displays Oman jewelry, costume, household items and weapons. There is also a book house located within the premises of the museum. You can also take a look at the Sultan’s ceremonial palace Al Alam Palace.
- Muttrah Muttrah’s real attraction is the traditional souq. Muttrah is also known for being the centre of commerce and the largest sea port of Muscat is located in this region. Other attractions includes Souq Muttrah, a traditional bazaar and to the south lies, Muscat district.
- Ruwi This commercial hub is the main business district of Muscat. The location has its own flavor, offering modern comforts, narrow streets and old buildings. The Bank of Oman building is the most attractive building to check out. The commercial street in Ruwi has huge number of jewelry shops, electrical shops and popular gift shops.
- The Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque This mosque is simply unique in its design. Covering an area of 40,000 square kilometer, it holds 20,000 worshippers. Stunningly beautiful in its design, the frangipani garden within the premise of the mosque adds a touch of elegance. Visitors are allowed between 8am to 11am and photography is not prohibited.
- The Beach Muscat is also known for its spectacular beaches. The Shatti Al Quaram beach is not only gorgeous but is known for its serenity. Spend some quality time with your partner exploring the beach and feel its eternal beauty the best way.